Friday, December 25, 2009

The True Meaning of Christmas, Year 2's Attempt

I've been thinking about this for a long time in anticipation of this year's Christmas entry about the true meaning of Christmas. I've always felt that when people talk about the Spirit of Christmas, that if they're religious they probably have another name for that feeling, but they want to be politically correct. I personally think that that feeling is born of the Holy Ghost, a part of the Godhead. He testifies quietly to our hearts the joy of this season that Elder Boyd K. Packer compared to the feeling of our desire to go Home (look up his talk on LDS.com). And in this case, I don't refer to just the feeling of family and kinship, but our Father's Home above.

We celebrate Christ and the Holy Spirit, or Holy Ghost, whispers that it is true. We love that impossible story of a virgin birth, which really did happen because, "God so loved the world, that he sent His only Begotten Son." I forget the reference to this scripture, but I'd like to edit it in later. Now, this Spirit of Christmas that I referred to from my religious point of view by a different name, the Holy Ghost, may have a different name to some of you, and I'd like to hear your point of view.

I'll be sharing this blog titled, "The True Meaning of Christmas", and I hope that family will comment on how they feel, but I open my hope to more of you out there because it'd mean a lot to me to have help feeling out the true meaning of Christmas from another point of view. It meant a lot to me that last year family commented, I use analytics to track how many come to this website, and I know more of you out there can comment than just my family. Don't be shy.

Signed with love,
David Nichols, LDS

No comments:

Post a Comment